11.5.20 The Highway Rat activity ideas:
- The Highway Rat gets fat from eating everyone else's dinner. Can you think of a healthy diet to help him keep fit?
- The duck calls into the deep, dark cave and an echo is heard. Investigate what echoes are and how they are made.
- Draw a picture showing the inside of one of the Highway Rat's bags. What different items has he stolen?
- Look at the cave paintings near the end of the story. Can you create your own cave paintings?
- Draw a map which shows the route that the Highway Rat travels.
- Find out about the highwaymen of the past. What did they do? Do you know the names of any famous highwaymen?
- Think about stealing and the impact that it has on those affected.
- The Highway Rat's manners were 'rough and rude'. Can you make a list of good manners to help the Highway Rat be nicer to others?
- Look at the expressions of the different characters in the illustrations. How are they feeling?
- The Highway Rat never shares. Why is it nice to share our things with others?
1.5.20 Please follow the link below to access some fantastic resources to support music at home.
Each week there are new activities uploaded.