Next week it will be Chinese New Year. For PE today we would like you to have a look at our information powerpoint about Chinese New Year first then read these instructions on how you can create your own Chinese New Year parachute game.
1. Look carefully at the pictures of the dragon dance. How does the dragon move?
2. Print out and colour in your own Chinese New Year dragon. What colours are you using? Are the colours bright or dull? Which colour is special in Chinese culture?
3. Using a blanket or a sheet place your dragon in the middle.
4. How can we make the dragon move on the parachute? Listen to the music and the words, how could you make these movements on your parachute? Wobbling gently, wobbling hard, bouncing up and down, wobbling low, wobbling high.
5. Create your own dragon dance using these actions along with the dragon dance song.
Have fun and don't forget to send your pictures.